OUGD401: From Theory Into Practice (Previous Topic Research Into Optical Illusions


This post has no reflection on my topic, as it was changed to "The History of The Book", however I have still included it to show my previous research. 

I chose to look at optical illusions for my book project. Here are some design influences I could use. I decided to focus mainly on shape and pattern.

Illusionz – A project by Greg Christman 

I like this design, as it shows the most well known optic experiments. I also intend to use a basic and obvious colour scheme. 

-----

Negative Space -  Tang Yau Hoong



I love the negative space work Tang Yau Hoong creates. I intent to either feature his designs, or more ambitiously, create my own versions. 

-----

The Farmer Legs - Chow Hon Lam


-----

Optical Illusion  - Thomas Johanssen 


-----



-----

Optik Typeface - Mat Stevens


----- 

Frustro Typeface - Martzi Hegedus





----- 

Kwerk Font - Mauro De Donatis


----- 

Typogrhalf - Gabriele Colomobo





An anamorphic version of Helvetica Neue. I would like to include something like this with one of the pages, or possibly my front cover. 


----- 

Infected Mushroom Poster - Alexa Falcone 




----- 

Hand Drawn Skulls -Pat Mehbrei







----- 

Ministry of Sound Australia - Luke Choice




----- 

Formes Des Luxe Magazine / Layout Design  - Gergő Kókai





It would be interesting to see if I could replicate this layout with my bodytype. 

----- 


The 'Lost' Rock Headphone Skins - Bay




----- 


The Self Illusion Poster Series - Seyda Sasmaz








Monday 18 March 2013
Categories: , | Comments Off